The Modern Mom
February 19, 2010
0 Flares Filament.io 0 Flares ×

onion

You just gave your bedroom a new shade, but those toxic fumes are giving you a headache.  Worse, the scent lingers even though you’ve had the windows open for hours.  The quick fix?  Slice an onion into quarters and place one in each corner of the room.  The odor is caused by the volatile organic compounds in paint.  As the onion slices begin to dry up, its layers absorb the VOCs to prevent fumes from invading your home.

Comments are closed.

11 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 LinkedIn 0 StumbleUpon 0 Email -- Filament.io 11 Flares ×