Here are some tips on how to keep your jewelries always shiny and clean.
1. Don’t keep them all together in one place, separate each piece with tissue paper. Even costume jewelry is fragile, so do take care of them too.
2. If you have to keep them in a jewelry box avoid the ones lined with suede. Suede has tannic acid and can cause stains.
3. Use warm water and a mild soap when cleaning fine jewelry but for opals and emeralds, use cold water.
4. Polish silver with baking soda and water.
5. Don’t dip pearls or anything on a string in water. Have them professionally cleaned when they need to be restrung.
6. Take off your jewelry while exercising, cleaning, doing laundry, bathing and using hairspray.