1) Paint the handles of house keys with flourescent paint so they’re easy to spot.
2) Clean the fridge by taking out shelves, ice trays and other movable parts and washing with a solution of baking soda and warm water. Rinse and dry.
3) Refrigerate tubs of sour cream and cottage cheese upside down to keep them fresher longer.
4) Put on rubber gloves to twist open a stubborn jar. Or wrap a few rubber bands around the lids for traction.
5) Get dirt off car floor rugs by rubbing with a small amount of spray carpet shampoo, then wiping away with a damp sponge. Air-dry.
6) To remove a chewing gum stuck to the floor, hold an ice cube on the gum until it hardens, then gently pull it up with a dull knife.
7) Instead of hanging sweaters, fold them so the shoulders don’t stretch when they’re stored.
8) Replace the missing tab on a zipper temporarily with a paper clip or safety pin.
9) To prevent rust from forming on tools, put a few mothballs inside the toolbox.
10) To get rid of a stain inside a vase, put a handful of uncooked rice inside, fill with soapy water and shake. Pour out rice and rinse.
11) Repeat the name of a person you’ve just been introduced to in the conversation, and again when you say goodbye. You’ll be more likely to remember it.
12) If you are interrupted while knitting or crocheting, clip a clothespin over the work and needles to prevent slipped stitches.